Legitimate elections are essential to any modern democracy. That's why, we offer election commissions a comprehensive portfolio of solutions that increase the transparency, efficiency and integrity of elections while making voting more accessible.
Since 2005, we have assisted election commissions in more than 307 US jurisdictions. Our technology has also been deployed on five continents.
Today, we are the undisputed leaders of the electronic voting industry, having helped hundreds of millions of voters cast over 3.7 billion ballots in government elections around the world.
We are an approved US Department of Defense vendor and a founding member of the Department of Homeland Security Council for the Election Infrastructure Subsector.
Did you know?
- We conducted the world's first government election using blockchain technology – 2016 Utah Republican Caucus (USA).
- We facilitated the first-ever transmission of encrypted election results in the US – 2006, City of Chicago
- We count among our present and past clients the two largest US jurisdictions – Los Angeles and the City of Chicago.
- We provided technology and services for the world's largest automated election using optical scanners – 50 million voters using 92,000 optical scanners (the Philippines).
- We conducted the first national elections using voting machines that print paper trails in 2004. Since, we have deployed this technology on five continents, championing verified voting.
Vision & Mission
We’re driven by a strong vision and mission that help guide our company and the way our people behave.
The future of democracy is digital.
Smartmatic's mission is to increase integrity in the democratic process.
We increase citizen engagement and trust, enabling better societies and better governments.
Efficiency and transparency build trust in elections. We will do all we can to deliver them. That is why we promise to:
- Remain impartial and independent - technology is neutral and so are we.
- Harness the full power of technology - to deliver reliable and accurate results, eliminating the possibility of human error.
- Maintain the highest standards of transparency - our success depends on the trust of citizens worldwide. That’s why we will keep inviting the public to audit and scrutinize our technology throughout the entire cycle of an election.
- Provide the best products and services – we will remain the world leader in research and development ensuring we remain at the cutting edge of innovation and are able to deliver the best products at the best prices.