Brazilian elections 2012, 2014 & 2016: Scope
Our participation in Brazil can be divided into two kinds of solutions: data and voice communication for the most isolated polling places; and election support services.
Data and voice communications support
During three consecutive national elections -2012, 2014 and 2016-, Smartmatic configured and deployed Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) satellite devices to support the data and voice communications from some of Brazil’s most isolated areas.
This allowed timely data transmission and results delivery in near real-time.
Services rendered included:
- Configuration of BGAN SABRE satellite terminals with data and voice communications
- Distribution and deployment of the BGAN SABRE satellite terminals in the capitals of 16 Brazilian states for further distribution to the remote polling places (see table 1)
- Technical education of TSE trainers
- Provision of printed manuals
- Maintenance of equipment
- Creation of a Call Center via an “800” number, to be open 24/7 while the SMSat equipment were in use, to provide technical support during Election day
- Equipment maintenance
- Retrieval of all devices after the elections