Next-Generation Voting Technology
Democracy becomes stronger through fair, transparent elections and legitimate results recognized by all. The will of the citizens is the only factor that should determine the outcome of an election. To make this premise a reality, Smartmatic offers a turnkey solution with technology of the latest generation. The company’s experience is its best letter of presentation.
Proven by the most rigorous tests and fully complying with the highest quality standards, Smartmatic’s electoral technology includes:
-Multiple audits at every stage, including audits of the source code
-A printed receipt of the vote
-Secure transmission (direct or consolidated)
-Advanced data recovery mechanisms
-The latest standards in digital security
1. Security:Multiple security mechanisms that come from the novel combination of internationally recognized algorithms based on accepted standards, which constitute a totally bulletproof architecture.
2. Agility: With the Smartmatic voting machines, the voter casts his vote quickly and results are obtained just minutes after the election day is over, guaranteeing zero numerical inconsistencies or null votes caused by the technology. It is possible to produce partial results bulletins and to post them automatically on the Internet.
3. Auditability: One of the key advantages of Smartmatic’s technology is allowing for multiple audits before, during and after the event.
4. Veracity: For every vote that is cast a written receipt is printed that allows the voter to ratify his choice before casting it into the ballot box, also permitting later audits. Smartmatic was the first company in the world to incorporate this function in a national election.
5. Economy: Every well-designed automated voting system ought to be capable of reducing election costs. The printing and transfer of ballots, precinct counts and printed ballots (involving up to thousands tons of paper) are eliminated.
6. Flexibility: Smartmatic takes into account that every jurisdiction has its own rules and laws for the tallying of votes, and the company's technology can be configured independently for different elections under different methodologies, such as: D’Hondt, relative majority, simple majority, etc.
7. Accessibility: Through special devices and accessories, Smartmatic’s technology makes voting easier for voters having disabilities and guarantees the equality and independence of all voters.
8. Versatility: The solution allows the incorporation of voter and civil registry identification systems, on the same Smartmatic platform.
9. Autonomy: Smartmatic contemplates, should the electoral authority consider it necessary, the transfer of electoral technology and the sale of perpetual licenses. This transfer allows the autonomy of the electoral organism in the mid- and long term.
Technology strengthens the electoral process and automated elections will become the natural way to exercise democracy.