With this project, Cartagena, one of the most important economic centers of the Caribbean, will open its doors to a modern, integrated transportation system that offers better coverage, efficiency, transparency and improves the quality of service equally for city residents and tourists.
As a supplier of integral solutions for the benefit of the collective, and as an executor of large scale projects imbedded with deep social sensibility, Smartmatic offers a solution that positively boosts urban mobility through the use of cutting edge technology, processes and personnel. The following are some of the most important benefits that Smartmatic's technology will bring to Transcaribe and Cartagena.
For the Collection System
- Greater security for operators and users.
- Ease of access for the users and shorter boarding times.
- Cost optimization of the transportation service.
- Removal in tax evasion.
- Generation of operational statistics: income control, control of free use and preferential users .
- Restitution of credits in case of loss or theft of the card (for users with credentials).
- Greater flexibility in the rate structure (integrated rates, temporary rates, etc.).
- Ease of top-up: sale of credits online, top-up in the vehicles and multiple points of sale distributed in the areas near Transcaribe routes.
- Strict security mechanisms and data encryption algorithms to avoid fraud in the system.
- Future possibility of using smart cards for different applications (electronic purse card): payment of taxis, vending machines, phone calls, access control, etc.
For the Fleet Management and Control System
- Real-time tracking of the buses in the system; detection of any deviation from the operation planning and the predefined norms.
- Supports the solving of any contingency situation that may arise, allowing for the quick coordination of the whole fleet or a part of it.
- Provides information about the operation's performance, as required for payroll purposes and/or determining the respective levels of service of the operation.
- Generates managerial and operational reports, needed for efficient management and decision making by Transcaribe.