Modernising Haiti’s civil registry: Solution
The solution tailored by Smartmatic to help Haiti build a world-class Civil Registry and Identity System comprised:
Two Datacenters: one primary and one for contingency. The primary Datacenter hosts:
- Centralized Identity Management Application: Handles the end-to-end management and administration of the identification lifecycle process, including enrollment, renewal of expired cards, verification and confirmation of citizens.
- Centralized database: Holds every citizen’s biographic and biometric information backed up in the contingency datacenter.
- A web application for identification services and interactions with citizens. A link to the web application integrates into ONI's current website, and through it, Haiti's citizens can monitor and follow up the status of the identification transactions performed at ONI offices.
- E-Learning platform: To help train personnel working for the project.
- Real time communication between the Centralized database and registration units deployed in the field and foreign missions.
- Printing center: Smartmatic helped ONI modernize its ID card printing center in order to increase the security and durability features of the new IDs.
- National data warehouse: Smartmatic created a national data warehouse where all the data, new and old, is kept securely.
- Warehouse and Support center: Smartmatic set up a warehouse where all the registration unites were prepared prior their deployment.
- National Support center (NSC): The NSC allows authorities to monitor the deployment of the Identity Management solution and to attend any incident either with the enrollment process or the equipment.
- Training of ONI’s personnel: Because this is a knowledge transfer project, Smartmatic provided extensive training to ONI’s personnel to ensure the State of Haiti can make the best use of the modern platform installed.
- PARmobiles: Smartmatic supplied 700 portable registry units specifically designed to capture biographic and biometric data.