Ecuador’s sectional elections, 2014: Scope
- Ecuador’s voter registry had 11,682,314 voters
- 272,673 of them voted using Smartmatic technology in Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas – that’s 2.3% of the total
- They used 1,121 Smartmatic SAES-3376 voting machines.120 were on standby ready if any failed.
- In order to guarantee a flawless execution on election day, the election authorities organised three voting simulations to be carried out in ten polling centres in Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas before the election. These simulations included both electronic voting and results transmission.
- 1,121 Polling Boards operated in 53 polling centres; 90.62% corresponded to Santo Domingo and 9.38% to La Concordia. The boards were distributed among 8 urban parishes, 10 rural parishes and 13 electoral zones
- The political-territorial division of the province of Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas comprised: eight (8) urban parishes, ten (10) rural parishes and two (2) cantons
- Voting started at 7 am and ended at 5 pm