Legitimate elections are essential to any modern democracy. That's why, for more than a decade, we have been developing voting technologies that increase the transparency, efficiency and integrity of elections while making voting more accessible.
We are the undisputed leaders of the electronic voting industry, helping hundreds of millions of voters cast over 3.7 billion ballots in government elections around the world, offering a technology that has become a worldwide standard.
Currently, of the eight countries pioneering in election automation, Smartmatic provides voting technology and services to six of them. Every year we continue to bring our ground-breaking approach to more countries embracing election automation, promoting the many benefits of electronic polling booths.
We believe that the free world is moving toward a more participatory model of democracy, where in addition to periodic elections, there will and should be a more continuous flow of opinions between citizens and governments. As part of the SGO Group, we are actively working in a range of new areas, which we trust can enable and catalyse this transition.
Did you know?
- We spend more on election technology research and development than all of our competitors combined.
- We conducted the first national elections using voting machines that print paper trails, allowing voters to verify their vote has been properly recorded, and allowing electoral commissions to hold audits.
- We completed the world's fastest biometric voter registration – 5.2 million people in less than 75 days.
- We provided technology and services for the world's largest automated election – 50 million voters using 92,000 optical scanners.
- We also conducted the world's first national election where every phase was automated, including authentication using voter biometrics.